First things first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No15x3EcO64&feature=related
I just listened to the leak of Opeth's most recent studio album, Watershed. It actually has me excited about them again. I think that they really broke out of their more rote songwriting and grew tremendously. Also, It's a lot heavier, not just in timbre, but in composition. I attribute a lot of that to their new members Martin Axenrot (Drums) and Fredrik Akesson (guitar), and not having too much of a Steve Wilson (of Porcupine Tree fame) influence.
Next, I'm psyched about the Jazz Band concert this Wednesday, I think it'll be enjoyable. It's starts 6 :30, and they're will be a banquet. So come for free food and Jazz music. Stay for the crappy concert band (or not)! Highlights will probably be "Take Five" and "Area 51".
Next, Thursday and Friday at 7:30, is the Acting Shakespeare showcase, which will take place after the drama class show. I'm super psyched. Nora and I are performing the first 160 lines or so of Macbeth: Act IV, Scene iii. I'm playing Macduff, and she's Malcolm. It'll be a hell of a lot better than that terrible Daniel Hahn-BW rendition of Macbeth. I guarantee it. I'd tell you more, but you should really just come to see it. Be there, or be held guilty of missing out on some of the best pieces in the English canon performed by obnoxious highschool students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment