Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On Apologies

So, Barack Obama has officially crossed the threshold of delegates needed to be the Democratic nominee. I'm sure I'm only the ba-gillionth blogger to post this in about the last hour since he announced it. (No, wait! I'm going somewhere with it, really!) The thing of it is that, earlier today Terry McAuliffe (Hillary's election committee's chairman) announced (in his typical, "you really have to look at through the lens where Hillary is winning, damn the torpedoes!"- way) that an AP report saying that Hillary would stop campaigning was false, you've really got to wonder just what he's thinking now.

I mean Barack won, McAuliffe has some egg on face, I bet. I'm curious to hear just how he'll extricate himself from this situation. Beyond that, if you're a member of Obama's camp, what do you do about that. Do you forgive and forget, even though he has wounded by publicly propagating a campaign that wounded his credibility. A lot. Or do they voice their complaints even though it might not help unify the party.

So, I'm wondering, in general (because of an interesting personal perspective on the subject), if apologies are best accepted to help bring people together and smooth out problems. Or if you should not alway accept because there are unresolved issues that might be buried. I don't know, I've got to think on it.

In other news, I'm done with school for the year. But, in spite of this, guidance did manage to completely fuck up my schedule at the last minute because they combined the semester long courses "Statistics" (which I had signed up for) and "Trigonometry" into one class, "Stats and Trig." Joy. Fuckin' Joy.

Also, I think tomorrow I'll start working on my "great pieces of art" lists. Music and books will probably come first, others might follow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

On apologies..
Sometimes I think that you need to say "i accept" because you need to let the other person know that you heard them. Othertimes though, I think that the fact that you could leave unresolved problems is a very good point. By letting it go, do you make a case for the other person to continue in the same direction? Somehow, I started this to help answer the question, but now I only have more questions.
Are paople really sorry when they say "i'm sorry," or is that just a way of saying "i need you to ignore what i did even though it hurt you."
Also are aplologies even given because you really forgive the other person, or are you just tired of fighting the inevitable? Is "i accept your apology" forgiveness or spite?
Are you ever really sorry?
And do we ever really forgive?
Anyway, sorry bout my rambling, I'll just let you write your blog now...